To Our Families
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES SAFE?
The health and safety of our community and employees is our top priority.
We want to assure you, we at Horne Funeral and Cremation Services are taking proactive measures to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements, along with Virginia Department of Public Health, National Funeral Director’s Association, and the Virginia Board of Funeral Directors & Embalmers regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and our local health departments.
- WE REQUIRE EVERYONE, WHO IS MEDICALLY ABLE, TO WEAR A FACE COVERING.
- We are following OUR guideline of 100 person maximum capacity.
- Arrangements can be made virtually and we can accommodate videochat services for family members who wish to gather virtually.
- Proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of germs and we encourage everyone to wash their hands as often as possible.
- Employees who exhibit cold or flu-like symptoms have been instructed to stay home.
- In an effort to minimize the spread of germs, we ask you to consider avoiding physical contact (e.g., shaking hands).
- Direct Eye Contact, Loving Words, and a Warm Smile can be as meaningful to the families as a traditional handshake or hug, especially during these difficult times.
- We request guests who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath or have been in contact with others experiencing these symptoms refrain from visiting the funeral home at this time and strongly consider self-quarantining as advised by your health care provider. We provide virtual access to our services. Please see the section titled “Virtual Services” on our website.
- As always, if you are unable to attend services for any reason you are welcome to leave messages for the family on our website hornefuneralservice.com
If you have any questions about the funeral home operations, please feel free to contact our general manager, Johnny Muncy, by emailing him at [email protected]. You are also ALWAYS welcome to call us at 540.382.2612.
Be Well, Be Safe, and Be Vigilant
Richard “Dick” Horne, Johnny Muncy, Craig Helvey, and Hope Stanley